Dra. Núria Roura-Pascual
My research focuses on the ecology and management of biological invasions, particularly in understanding the distribution of invasive alien species and in contributing to the development of novel approaches for their management.
I studied Environmental Sciences at the University of Girona. I initiated in the study of biological invasions during my PhD at the University of Girona, and continued during my post-doc at the Centre for Invasion Biology (South Africa) and Centre Tecnologic Forestal de Catalunya (Solsona). I have since held academic positions at the University of Girona.
Throughout these years I have acquired an in-depth knowledge on the functioning of biological invasions and the numerous tools available for their management. My aim is to continue working, participating in and leading cutting-edge science projects that help to understand and solve real, everyday problems of invasive alien species.
- 2020-present: Associate Professor – Àrea de Biologia Animal, Departament de Ciències Ambientals, Universitat de Girona.
- 2016-2020: Interim Associate Professor – Àrea de Biologia Animal, Departament de Ciències Ambientals, Universitat de Girona.
- 2010-2016: Assistant Professor – Àrea de Biologia Animal, Departament de Ciències Ambientals, Universitat de Girona.
- 2009-2010: Postdoctoral Research Fellow – Pests and invaders: causes and consequences in forest ecosystems under global change, Centre Tecnològic Forestal de Catalunya (Solsona, Catalonia).
- 2007-2009: Postdoctoral Research Fellow – Development of an integrated tool for managing biological invasions across spatial scales, Centre for Invasion Biology (Stellenbosch, South Africa).
- 2003-2006: PhD – Predicting Argentine ant distribution across spatial scales via ecological niche models, Universitat de Girona.
- 2000-2002: DEA – Transformation of a rural mountain landscape in the southern Madres and Mont Coronat massifs, Eastern Pyrenees (1953-2000), Réserve Naturelle de Nohedes (Nohedes, France) and Universitat de Girona.
- Associate editor of Frontiers of Biogeography (2009-present)
- Associate editor of Diversity and Distributions (2010-2019) (IF=3.667; ISI Ranking: 7/44 in Biodiversity Conservation, and 32/145 in Ecology)
- Associate editor of Biological Invasions (2014-present) (IF=2.586)